Midget DIS-2 Programmable Race Ignition
A programmable ignition specifically for use in Midget racing.
The Programmable Midget Ignition is a complete electronic distributorless system consisting of a powerful capacitive discharge Ignition Control, a four tower high output coil pack and uses two non-magnetic pick-ups with a trigger wheel as a crank trigger source. This takes all of the mechanical variables out of the picture to produce exact ignition timing! Adding to the accuracy and high output of this ignition system, is the advantage of being able to precisely program the timing throughout the engine’s entire rpm range.
By using MSD’s Pro-Data+ software package on a Windows based PC, racers can program two different timing curves down to .1° per 100 rpm increments! Other features of the Programmable Midget Ignition include a rev limiter to protect the engine from overrev damage, a start retard and a circuit that monitors the battery supply voltage.
The Midget Ignition produces full power capacitive discharge sparks at any rpm so you can be assured of complete combustion. To control this power and the programs, a 15 MHz microcontroller analyzes the various inputs and is capable of extremely quick compensations to maintain exact timing and rpm. The Midget Ignition is supplied with the Ignition Control, two Non-Magnetic Pick-ups, Trigger Magnet, On/Off Switch and Software.
- Plot two timing curves ranging from 800-15,000 rpm in 0.1 degrees increments
- Program a start retard to ease cranking
- Select a rev limit from 2,000 – 15,000 rpm in 100 rpm increments
- A battery monitor circuit shows real time battery voltage and a low voltage time percentage
- Switch between two timing curves as track conditions change during a race
|Warning||California Proposition 65|
Parts & Kits
This part is legal for use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles or Racing Vehicles.
The following vehicles are considered Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles:
- 1965 and older U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older Foreign manufactured vehicle
Racing Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for racing or other forms of competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street.
WARNING FOR 6214: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the continental US on orders over $100.