MSD Ignitions install easily to a variety of applications. This diagram shows the wiring with a points distributor.
- Quick Starts
- Increased Power
- Smooth Idle
- Crisp Throttle Response
- Reduced Spark Plug Fouling
An MSD 6A Ignition will improve the overall performance of your engine thanks to its high output capacitive discharge sparks. Below 3,000 rpm the ignition delivers multiple sparks that will clean up the idle, improve starting and throttle response. Step up to the 6AL to have an engine saving rev limiter.
2-Step Rev Control for Digital 6AL PN 8732The new 2-Step is digitally controlled and connects to the Digital 6AL's gray tach output wire. There are two easy to read rotary dials that let you set the launch rpm in 100 rpm increments. There is an activation wire that connects to the transbrake, a clutch switch or to the line-lock to activate the low rpm limit. When that switch is released, the low rpm limit is turned off and the car launches hard!
- Higher output with 530 primary volts and 135mJ of spark energy
- Efficient components use less current to produce more power
- Set an rpm limit on the 6AL with two rotary dials in 100 rpm increments
- Same bolt pattern as the original 6AL with a lower profile housing
- Built-in LED for system checks
- All wires exit through a locked, sealed connector
- Compatible for 4, 6 or 8-cylinder engines
The Digital 6A and 6AL Ignitions incorporate a secure and sealed connector for all of the wiring. This design routes the wiring out of one side of the ignition making wiring your engine easier and looks great.
Tech & Support
Back To Top