Ford 289/302 Ready-To-Run Distributor, Black Cap
Ready-to-run distributors include a built-in ignition module. No MSD Ignition control required. Includes an iron gear and a rev limiter
$416.95 Your Price
- Now includes built-in Rev Limiter!
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high rpm
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Housing is 5/8” smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance weight pins are staked and tig welded to the plate
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Supplied with Black Small Diameter Cap with HEI style terminals and race rotor (will accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Does not require an MSD Ignition Control
- Simple and clean installation with only three wires to connect
- Note: Will not fit XD and later Australian 351 Cleveland engines.
Parts & Kits
- Ready-to-Run distributor replacement harness$13.87Qty:
- Allows you to tailor you timing curve for your particular application.$13.87Qty:
This part is legal for use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles or Racing Vehicles.
The following vehicles are considered Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles:
- 1965 and older U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older Foreign manufactured vehicle
Racing Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for racing or other forms of competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street.
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the continental US on orders over $100.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.