AMC V8 Distributor
Fits 290, 304, 343, 360, 390, 401 engines. Must be used with an MSD 6, 7 or 8-series ignition.
Free Shipping on orders over $100*
There is a big following of AMC enthusiasts that are cruising a 401 equipped Javelin or trail blazing in a rock crawling Jeep with an inline 6-cylinder! MSD offers a Pro-Billet Distributor to deliver accurate trigger signals and are maintenance-free!
Under the brass terminal cap of each distributor is MSD’s race proven magnetic pickup. This pickup never requires adjustment and simply plugs right into an MSD Ignition Control. Just above it and under our strong race rotor is an adjustable mechanical advance assembly. The chromoly weights of this assembly slide on nylon bushings producing smooth movement of the timing. You can easily adjust the curve to match your engine’s requirements with the supplied springs and stop bushings.
Each precision CNC-machined billet aluminum housing features a sealed ball-bearing and long sintered bushing for stability at any rpm and increased endurance. An oversized steel shaft receives a QPQ coating to reduce friction and prevent corrosion. Both distributors are supplied with a high quality cap, rotor and gear. There is even a vacuum advance canister for street cruising economy!
- Designed for street/performance use with a mechanical and vacuum advance
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control
- Supplied with an HEI style distributor cap and rotor (accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the rpm range
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- CARB E.O. Approved
|Warning||California Proposition 65|
Parts & Kits
This part is legal for use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles when used in accordance with the manufacturers application guide because it has a California Air Resources Board Executive Order number or is a direct or consolidated replacement part.
The following vehicles are considered Emissions Controlled Vehicles:
- 1966 and newer U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1968 and newer Foreign manufactured vehicle
WARNING FOR 8519: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the continental US on orders over $100.