Starter Saver w/Signal Stabilizer
Start retard to make for easier starts on crank triggered engines.
When you install a crank trigger system, having locked out timing may put a strain on the starter and flywheel. This compact controller provides a retard that automatically retards the timing during cranking to ease the pressure. The MSD Starter Saver measures only 1.5” X 3.5” X 2” and wires into your ignition system with only four wires. It can be programmed to retard the timing 10° or 20° during cranking only. The retard is activated when the engine begins cranking and is deactivated once the engine reaches over 800 rpm. (If the engine rpm drops below 500 rpm it will activate again.)
The Starter Saver receives the trigger signal through an MSD Crank Trigger Pick-Up or the Distributor’s magnetic pick-up. This Control has a very accurate pick-up compensation circuit resulting in rock steady timing throughout the entire rpm range of your engine. There is also an LED that illuminates with each trigger signal to confirm operation and the circuitry is completely potted in a polyurethane compound for extreme vibration resistance.
Note: The Starter Saver can only be used on V8 applications using an MSD magnetic pickup distributor or crank trigger.
- Compact unit provides 10° or 20° of start retard to ease pressure on the starter and flywheel during cranking
- Plugs into an MSD Distributor or Crank Trigger pickup
- Built-in LED monitors trigger input signals
- Built-in signal stabilizer produces steady timing at all rpm
- Must be used with an MSD Ignition Control, magnetic pickup trigger and only on V-8 applications
This part is legal for use on Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles or Racing Vehicles.
The following vehicles are considered Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles:
- 1965 and older U.S. manufactured California Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older U.S. manufactured Federally Certified vehicles
- 1967 and older Foreign manufactured vehicle
Racing Vehicles are vehicles that are used exclusively for racing or other forms of competition that are not registered and that may never be used on the street.
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the continental US on orders over $100.