The most accurate way possible to trigger the ignition!
- Stabilizes ignition timing
- Flying magnet design prevents false triggers
- Can trigger all MSD 6, 7 and 8-series ignitions and timing accessories
- Must use with the Power Grid Ignition
The Flying Magnet Crank Trigger is named for the four magnets that are embedded in the aluminum wheel. As the engine is rotating, these magnets move past the stationary non-magnetic pickup, creating the trigger signal for the ignition. This design eliminates false triggering because only the moving magnets can trigger the pickup and ignition control.
MSD Flying Magnet Crank Trigger SystemThe MSD Flying Magnet Crank Trigger System is the most accurate way possible to trigger the ignition. This is due to the fact that the trigger signal is coming directly from the source of piston position in the cylinder; the crankshaft. Distributors are accurate, but the piston position is derived through the timing chain, the camshaft, cam gear and finally to the distributor shaft. There are no mechanical variables in piston position when using a crank trigger system.
- The arrow on the wheel must face out
- Air gap between the wheel and pickup should be 0.030"-0.060"
- The resistance across the pickup wires should be 65-85 ohms
Strong rare earth magnets used in the trigger wheel are riveted in place.
Tech & Support
Back To Top